Old 09-06-22, 04:16 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
We have bollards on the 11 mile long MUP that I ride frequently. Most only at it's intersection with the few of roads it crosses that have motor vehicle traffic.

Last year I came across a noobie cyclist with new bike that had slammed into one. He was hurting, mostly just had the breath knocked out of him according to his own words. It may have been too embarrassing for him as a lot of others of us had gathered to see if he was okay. I never saw him and his spouse on the trail again. And those were some pretty expensive new bikes they both had.

The bollard he hit is the only set of bollards that are not at an intersection and a vehicle will have already had to encounter another set of bollard prior to getting there. I wrote the City asking why they felt they needed them there but got no response.

And for certain even MUP's and other paths without motor vehicles are dangerous. That same MUP is what I had the one and only crash that I have no memory of that put me in a hospital. And when the MUP is crowded with people of all sorts doing their own thing, I prefer to ride on the two lane country roads and highways with no shoulders.

Last edited by Iride01; 09-06-22 at 04:22 PM.