View Single Post
Old 09-22-22, 06:45 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
You might think i am a jerk, (and sometimes you might be right,) but I still enjoy most of your comments. Dude ..... whew.

Your comment had NOTHING TO DO WITH ME. Your comment was an astute insight into the motivating thought (seemingly) behind so many threads on this site.

And though you might have forgotten me (I should let this rest in peace because having forgotten me is pure bliss compared to having to remember me) I am the guy at whom you have aimed (and from whom you have possibly had to dodge) a few barbed statements over the years.

Even if I find your occasional excesses comical (as I do mine own, and most peoples') I have always respected your wisdom, and failed to understand how people can ride so far, so fast, at such a low pace in such a high gear .... yet here you are.

I guess it is the flat shoes that give you wings or something ...... I'd try "livedarklions-style" but my knees complain already even before I ride.

But I don't mind oddity, or its quintessence, uniqueness. So mash on, brother.

​​​​​​I actually like most of your posts very much, you just drive me nuts from time to time. If I have one piece of advice, it would be to discard the post as soon as you realize you're referring to yourself as "we". It's like a tell that " evil Maelochs" has risen. Basically, I think you have really good practical advice for people, and you're very helpful to beginners with sensible "here's a way to get started" advice. I admire that.