View Single Post
Old 09-26-22, 06:36 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1359 Post(s)
Liked 2,173 Times in 1,178 Posts
Let's see, I assume that the "expert" saw the bike before meeting with you..if so they knew what they were potentially purchasing. Did you have a price listed in the add, what was it, 1300 or less? If less my comments would be different.....
So....1.If you listed it at 1300 and bike expert agreed with you that it's worth 1300.
2.Expert may have expected to sell for a profit and or get a better deal and generously offers you 750......you accept.
3. Expert pays you 500 with the promise to pay the additional 250 in a few days.
4. Expert does more research and finds out that it's not worth the offer or partial payment.....which should have been done prior to making any offer.
5. Wants to renegotiate after sealing the deal with a partial payment.

If buyer wanted to flip the bike personally I would have little sympathy, BUT I would still negotiate a bit more for the hassle......and the as a buyer I would be open to this...if giving some money back, since you have already spent it, I would give it back on terms that worked for me ...... it would be on my terms (time).

JMHO, Ben
BTW, Karma works both ways...buying a "1300" bike for "750" perhaps was not good Karma.....A lesson for the "Expert".

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Likes For xiaoman1: