Deal4Fuji
minimalist cyclist

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Liked 1,641 Times in 944 Posts
Originally Posted by JanMM
Have been wearing a FitBit Inspire 2 since the start of the year. The price was right - free courtesy of my Medicare advantage plan. Mostly interested in resting heart rate, which is regularly low enough (50’s) to make my new-last-year home BP machine show Irregular Rhythm symbol. Turns out it considers bradycardia of any sort to be irregular. Had previously been self-checking BP with manual cuff and stethoscope. At spouse’s high school reunion last summer asked her classmate who is an electrophysiologist if I could trust a FitBit for accurate HR. He said yes, usually. 😀I did wear a Polar HR monitor with chest strap when riding a decade ago. Satisfied curiosity about HR when riding moderately or hard. Did not replace chest strap when battery died.
Originally Posted by ofajen
I use a Charge 3 and does pretty well most of the time. It helps to keep the strap relatively snug when working out. I’ve tried the Inspire and it didn’t track my HR very well.

I’ve been mostly running lately and yesterday the Charge was tracking my HR around 150 for almost the whole time once I got warmed up.

Otto
I have the Fitbit Charge 4 and I'm pretty happy with it for the price ($139 I think)....anyway nowhere near as much as Apple or Garmin watches. Negatives, it's hard to see in daylight and easy to forget before a bike ride with the multi-step exercise start procedure, but as I said for the low price I think it does a good job, and it's thin & not bulky. I've had mine long enough to break a wrist band and replacement bands were 3 for $15 or something through Amazon. The weekly report sent by email reflects just steps, but you can print out your map & ride info from a screen save of your smart phone. I was surprised I didn't have to have my smart phone for it to get GPS tracking, so a runner can run with just the watch on.