Steel is real

Bikes: 40 - accumulated over 40 years

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 1,089 Times in 305 Posts
Originally Posted by butterchicken
Hello guys,
talking about the CX merckx i finally found what i was looking for: someone (styggno) with the same merckx i have here for quite some time.
Got this frame in a very bad condition with several bad paintjobs on it but after some scratching it turned out to be a merckx with cantis.
Now thinking of getting it into new life with a new paint that restores the old look, i had to find out what it was looking in first place.
Whats a little different to yours styggno is the fact that the cable stops on the top tube are missing. You said yours were broken? Were they missing or just broken?
Looking at the serial number it seems like its completely different to yours? Any idea on this?

Btw can't really tell what the original color was. Scratching through the layers starting at some spraycan mettalic blue to white to yellow to some red. But the red is only at some certain parts.

Left side
M

Right side
Z
EB

(Cant upload any pictures - dont know why :/)

Cheers
Hi,

You will need 10 posts to be able to add pictures.

I meant broken - as in they were there but damaged (the loops were slotted and because of that too weakened)

I have sort of got the hang of decoding EM BB-shells a bit - but CyclesMakaron is the authority here and I suggest waiting for his answers on the rest.

Are there any information on the fork steerer tube?