Old 04-19-22, 03:31 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 593 Times in 453 Posts
Well vented. Though my sense is ASO sells to the highest bidder(s) by viewing region so you're pushing a rope with them. They honestly don't care where of if NBC broadcasts it. Maybe a little on the margins, "global reach" and "our brand" and such, but that doesn't butter the biscuits.

The deciders that matter most for feasible little changes are, I think, NBC themselves and their top cycling sponsors. If you vent again or proselytize a petition, consider including them.

I am newly and a bit surprisingly not anti-Peacock. I watched a few things on Freecock a while back and eventually turned on Paycock for a little bit for a not-cycling-related thing that wasn't available with Freecock.

I was pleasantly surprised to find access to a bunch of things, including the 6 nations rugby games and some cycling races, that come along with the monthly fee. Both of those are things I bought the special NBC Gold packages for in the past. If I ran Paycock all year (which I will not), I would pay them less than I have in the past.

I flipped the NBC coverage on briefly on Sunday morning before I went out for a ride, just to hear Phil and Bob again for old time's sake covering the early kms of P-R. Later in the day, I ran the GCN coverage end to end. No comparison.