Old 04-12-22, 07:10 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
If you're not planning on a lot of hills and long distances, you might want to try a beach cruiser to get started--I found big tires were best when I was 320+ pounds.. I'm inferring from your post that you've had issues with activity due to your knees, so you might see some pretty good results just from minimal riding to start with. I wouldn't worry about "selling yourself short" here because you really won't be able to pick a bike with any confidence that it will meet your needs in a year or two. I don't think you'll do yourself any favors by over-investing in a quality bike you might hate in a few months just because it's now too something for your needs (that could go in a lot of ways).

From someone who's been there (I had very bad feet before I lost almost half of my body weight), I wish you well. My basic advice is you've got to figure out what works for you, and if it's working, don't let anyone convince you you're doing it wrong.
Likes For livedarklions: