Bikes: Trek Dual Sport 3, Trek Emonda 5 Full carbon road bike,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hello

Originally Posted by goenrdoug
That Emonda is a nice bike.

105 is a totally respectable groupset and the 5800 and r7000 are negligibly different -- you won't need to upgrade anything as it wouldn't really be an upgrade, honestly. Yes, if some part or another wore out or was broken, you could certainly buy a new part from the newer version of the group (or upgrade that particular piece to Ultegra) without compatibility issues. But, again, you won't need to and won't suffer any lack of performance if you ride the 5800 stuff indefinitely.

The bike needs nothing beyond appropriate pedals to go with your growth as a cyclist. Initially, you'll probably have cheap/basic flat pedals. Eventually, you'll get some nice shoes and appropriate pedals to go with (I like Speedplays) them. The wheels on it are perfectly fine and will serve you well while you figure out all the other new-guy stuff (equipment, acclimating your body, local rides to join, etc.)

I say, go ahead and take the plunge.
Yeah so far the Emonda is what I'm leaning toward so far. Look like he took good care of it. He is keeping his petals and put regular ones back on. He put Saddle bad and water cages and light.