Old 08-28-20, 11:07 AM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
I only do it when the path is clear. at 6:30 in the morning it usually is. I have had roadies follow me. and sometimes pass me.its wide paved path. I don't take chances. but I I don't usually need to go that fast. and riding without power does not give you more of a workout unless you can put more power into the ride then you normally can. I put as much effort in as I can so riding without power would not be be a better workout it would just be slower. if I ride without power I cant do 20 maybe I can do 15. I commute 25 miles a day going faster saves a lot of time. Yes I keep it safe I don't don't do crazy things.
I work as hard as my body will let me. since nov I ride 20+ miles a day and since the last three months its been 30+ miles a day. 220 to 240 miles a week. since nov I have put 5200 miles on my commute bike and 1600 on the tandem in 3 months. I think that's pretty dam good.
I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense. The only thing that matters for training is Time x Effort. Think of it this way: If you rode up a hill, you'd go less far in the same time than on flat land, but if you put in the same wattage, it's the same effort. Similarly if you rode into a headwind compared to a tailwind. Or if you rode on a stationary trainer where you literally go zero distance. This is exactly why people use powermeters for training, because they use them to measure effort and it eliminates all the other variables.

And I totally agree with RS about riding an electric bike on a shared path.
Likes For caloso: