View Single Post
Old 05-27-21, 12:22 PM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,289 Times in 743 Posts
Originally Posted by sysrq
Seems like there is a very little threshold with air, at one point it feels like it's poking in you, at another with slightly lower pressure it feels too mushy. They can also be filled with water which doesn't compress like air. Should feel like a water bed then.
With water it might whick away the heat too much below certain temperature though. Gell is something in between water and solid so it doesn't feel too hot during the summer when not exposed to direct sunlight and not cold during the winter.
I just don't see a cover like this working well on a bicycle seat. On a motorcycle, with minimal air, the AirHawk is quite comfortable. ON a motorcycle seat though, your thighs are supported by some of the seat, as is almost the entire part of your butt, depending of course on the motorcycle. With minimal air in the AirHawk, the air lifts you over a larger area, taking some weight off your tailbone and sit bones, but not all the weight, allowing you to remain planted on the seat, with less pressure.

On the bicycle, I cannot see it working the same way. The pad will simply raise you off the seat, and I cannot imagine the chafing between the legs, and I am a thin guy. It looks like a bad idea designed by someone who has good intentions, but doesn't ride very far at a time, if at all.
Likes For phughes: