View Single Post
Old 08-12-17, 01:50 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by nayr497
Looked around a bit and haven't seen too much on this. And, not sure what subforum it fits in, so I'll try hear, as it seems diet can be related to this.

I've been having undercarriage problems for weeks now. I ride 7 days a week, including 5 days a week to work and back, around 30 mins each way. I had some saddle sore issues in my inner thigh/crotch area. Those cleared up. Then I got a dryness and itchiness situation. I tried anti-bacterial soap, being better about trying to stay dry/clean. Wouldn't clear up. Finally had the wife look at it, she thought I had a yeast infection. She had some pills from when she's had them in the past (more common in women).

It totally cleared up with the pills, plus I was at the beach for a week and off the bike. And all that salt water.

But, it's back. I now have dry, itchy skin on my inner thighs and up through my derriere crack. It's very itchy. Two things: I'd rather try some home remedies before going to the doctor. 2) I know I should take Rx medicine without a prescription, but that did clear it up.

Wondering if any other males have experience this?
And, what did you do to treat it? I've read tea tree oil, anti-bacterial soap, etc.

At first I thought this was jock itch, but now I'm not so sure. Makes riding painful. I try to clean off when I get to my office with witch hazel on a paper towel and let it dry, but I don't have a shower and it's very hot here in the summer, so I get sweaty and then sit/stand for the entire work day.

Ideas? Oh, and I'm a pretty healthy eater, good variety, fruits and veg every day, no fast food, no excessive fats. I'm not overweight, get exercise 7 days a week. I do drink beer and spirits, seems like some folks think beer could be related to this condition. I'm not sure.

First of all, never share medicines like that, if it's beyond aspirin and the like, consult your physician. Guessing at it can tend to make the problem worse.

Let's get past all of the flora and fauna. It has been a highly atypical year since last winter and especially hot/humid in places that haven't seen weather like this in a long time.

Yeast infection or not, there are factors that can really put a dent in your cycling, and other stuff it goes without saying.

Have you ever had CHICKEN POX? Have you had a shingles outbreak or possibly come in contact with someone who had an active outbreak?

But you can't treat this casually. It could be many things. Just taking pills or applying a cream isn't a catchall.

Do see a doctor, and also, did you change detergents or other laundry products at the time this started? It could be allergy related, my guess but again, I'm no doctor.

And my FNP is cute and smarter than me, I've no qualms about seeing her...