Old 07-13-22, 07:56 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts
Originally Posted by koala logs
I think you have the wrong expectations about fat. Fat does not give "energy boost" to anyone but can help the muscles avoid fatigue during an endurance activity as a source of "slow burn" fuel for the muscles. It won't make you feel "energized" but it can help you last longer when exercising at low intensity without eating.

You may burn fat if doing a "fasted exercise" for long periods at low intensity such as riding your bike for a few hours in the flats at a relatively easy pace.

Processed meat contains carbs. You sure you're getting energy purely from protein alone?

The muscles can indeed source fuel from protein or in "protein-burning-mode" but is usually seen as a bad thing. You should be burning carbs or fat but not protein.
all my rides are at a mostly easy pace. I eat most of my meat unprocessed. but I do eat some just because I cant stand eating all plain meat. but I get more calories from plain foods. I not ave a choice about carbs they have made me sick for my whole life and they caused me such bad heartburn since I was a little child. only now and I free of heartburn. carbs are a thing of the past for the most part if I want to live. cant eat them. I had so many heath issues the nI was eating them once a week. now that I have cut way down on them my heath issues have gotten far netter.
I dont expect to have fast sources of energy it takes hours to get fuel from what I eat. but if I eat more fat I dont have more energy I only get more energy from more protein. There are a few sources of fat that give me some but fr th most part they dont give me energy. I measure every ride to see how much energy I have.