View Single Post
Old 05-02-22, 02:36 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
Originally Posted by 63rickert
First bicycle for me was a 1959 Schwinn with 20 inch wheels received for my seventh birthday. At least a dozen kids grew up on that bicycle. Some of them were neighbors kids, I don’t have all the names or an accurate count. It was already old when my brother was racing, he used to demonstrate thirty mph on native gearing and the kid size cranks. That bike is still operational though it mostly lives in front of the fireplace. Many original and still functional parts.

This a.m. I rode a bike fitted with a 1930s FB track hub. Axle is a 1970s Tipo. QR is 1960s Campy. I don’t ride this stuff because I’m cheap. Ride it because it works. And because it can be serviced. How else would I have a QR track hub?

Shimano has had decades to fix the cable routing problem. They let you solve it with constant cable replacement because they do not care about their customers. Now that Wayne is retired has anyone had any service at all from Shimano? Any time I ever had reason to contact Campagnolo service was immediate, personal, and they gave me more than I’d have asked. The bicycle division at Campy is a residual legacy line. Not their main business. They still talk to you.
First bike in 1959 on your seventh birthday. So, you are 70 years old and have been riding 63 years. Rocket surgery