View Single Post
Old 05-02-20, 08:38 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,026 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by noodle soup
Sram road components, and especially their hydraulic brakes, are garbage. If they improve in quality, I'll change my tune.

Letting members of the forum believe that SRAM makes quality road components, would be doing a disservice to them.

Investigate the forum ignore feature if you don't want to hear facts.
My only beef with sram is their pushing 1x road and cross which I can't stand. I'm now 10 years on a force group and my wife is 12 years on a rival group and I can't think of any major problems we've ever had with their stuff, actually put her on rival to get away from the 105 her bike came with. My force originally had a shifting issue and sram swapped the chainrings and problem solved. Don't see what isn't quality about the parts we have and how flawlessly they've worked since; maybe you had an issue with something of theirs, or the problem with the quality of the mechanic who perhaps didn't do the job right but on the whole I can't complain about their stuff any more then shimano's. Right now I just choose to boycott both for their price fixing scheme of not allowing buying from Europe and overcharging us here but that just got me my new Campy group and speaks nothing of their quality which seems fine to me.