Old 06-18-21, 12:44 PM
DangerousDanR

Bikes: Time Scylon, Lynskey R350, Ritchey Breakaway, Ritchey Double Switchback, Lynskey Ridgeline, ICAN Fatbike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked 547 Times in 307 Posts
I recently switched from a Moto G6 to a Moto Power 2021. I like cheap phones. By the way, on a 2 hour ride with the screen on full time, GPS active, and several sensors connected I used 18% of battery capacity, so a full day on tour should be possible. The screen can be read in bright sunlight.

For the most part the switch was totally painless. Except for the Wahoo App... My ride data was available on the new phone, but all of my profiles and sensors were GONE! Contacted Wahoo support and I was told how to configure a profile and how to connect to sensors. No seamless phone upgrade path. If I need to reload everything, it is a good time to evaluate my options. I looked at some other packages that you actually pay money for and one that was recommended here came to the top.

For the last week I have been running Cyclemeter from Abvio (abvio.com). For me it does exactly what I want. I can configure my display to show the things I want, keep the map on a separate screen that I can access if I need it, And I have an accurate record of my rides. I don't want to display my data to the whole world, and it lets me keep my data private.

For $9.99 US per year it is my new data logger.