View Single Post
Old 05-06-22, 05:30 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Litespud
once, driving through a large intersection in Boston, I saw a cyclist whizzing in from the right, without a care in the world (and ignoring the red light, of course) and on a trajectory that would’ve placed him under the front of my car. I laid on the horn, which snapped him back to the real world and he hit the brakes. A half-mile further on, I had pulled over and was getting out of the car, and Johnnie Biker passes by, screaming and giving me the bird. I give him a wave and a “You’re welcome!” Just another genteel interaction in Beantown 🙄
I have no problem calling out a cyclist who’s being a jackass - besides, he would’ve messed up the front of my car 😟
Well, if we're going to trade anecdotes, I was riding once perfectly legally in the lane in Lynn, on a lane that was marked with very clear sharrows when a guy in a SUV lays into his horn behind me. He then proceeded to ostentatiously go around me, yelling something incomprehensible out the passenger side window. He then parks at the ballfield about three blocks ahead, exiting his vehicle just as I happened to be passing him. I yelled in his face and pointed to the sharrow. He called me a moron, but I felt I had embarrassed him in front of his buddies which I enjoyed. Life went on.