Germany_chris
I’m a little Surly

Bikes: Two Cross Checks, a Karate Monkey, a Disc Trucker, and a VO Randonneur

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked 1,294 Times in 647 Posts
Originally Posted by trailangel
Good looking bike. It's $3,000 for the frame. $4,000 for the bike! And it's not a good groupset on the bike. Someone here bought one and it came with clincher wheelset.... which would have pissed me off.
Good luck friction shifting 10 gears! And you don't get any pedals! Where are the Campy retro pedals?
https://www.bianchiusa.com/bikes/road/vintage/eroica/
Friction shifting 10sp is easier and faster then friction shifting 5/6/7 speed. I like me some tubulars but high quality clinchers in 2020 are simply incredible and better than any tubie made 40 years ago, yes an FMB is marginally better than a boutique clincher but since most won't splash out for $220 plus shipping for an FMB nor the $160 for the RH boutique clinchers and that's not to mention you need three of the FMB's..Modern chit is just better no matter the qualifications you put on them.

I love throwing modern stuff on old boutique chit but lets not kid ourselves on what modern v old is I'm not interested in bleed down oiling, adjusting points, or having a choke on anything I drive every day and I'm not interested in unpinned and ramped chainrings or cassettes nor am I interested in corncobs w53/42
Likes For Germany_chris: