Old 05-15-14, 07:55 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
I have two bikes given to us for Junior. I've been trying to figure out how to "smallify" them so he can use them as strider type bikes so they're in the general use area (living room / breakfast table, basically where he plays). Yesterday Junior went up to one of them and gestured and asked for help (verbally and using sign). I put him on the bike and he got really agitated so I put him down. He ran over to his helmet (which we got for trailering and he hated it), came back, asked me to put it on his head, and then buckle the strap.

THEN he was ready to get on the bike. I pushed him around a couple laps of our first floor.

One of the two bikes is a really tall wooden strider bike. I'm going out now to get some wood to modify it. It's so tall he'll be like 6 before he can stride it but with a different (custom!) frame he should be able to use it now.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson