kingsting
Bicycle Repairman

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
kingsting, I hope you're not complaining. I'd enjoy that bike very much.
Not at all. I'm a big fan of my new found friend although it desperately needs a B-72... It appears to be an all-original, unmolested bike.

I was merely pointing out that when I find a Raleigh it's usually an oddball.

I wanted a rod brake roadster to ride and ended up finding a chrome Boss Bike with balloon tyres.
I tried again and found a Dawn. It ended up being a wartime bike with blackout parts and war grade tyres,
I wanted a plain ladies Raleigh and found a nice Dutch loop-frame Cameo with a lot of extras.
I wanted a Twenty and found a blue one with drum brakes.
I found a ladies Sports in the trash and it was a Malaysian made bike.
I wanted a Chopper and found a 1969 tall frame 3+2 that has all kinds of rare, one year-only parts.
I wanted a Sports in a color other than green, brown, or black and found the grey Canadian one.

I do have a couple of "normal" Superbes and DL-1's but I seem to attract the unusual bikes. I don't really go out of my way to look for them but they find me and I've grown quite fond of the ones I have. I'm actually a Schwinn collector and never found anything other than the more common stuff. (I have a couple unusual color Schwinns but that's it.) Heck, I don't even think we had any Raleigh dealers anywhere near here.