Bikes: 2 old bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Dont mention it....

Originally Posted by McBTC
​​​​​​
My branch of the family is all gone, me in my young '70s but, my cousin and his wife are nearing mid-80s and their folks like my folks lived to be in their late '80s or early '90s (my aunt lived to be over a hundred) so... I'm sort of in a no man's land as far as age and activity goes... even among friends I grew up riding bikes with who no longer do but, it's a sport I like (even with a hip growing a bit problematical) and there's plenty more who share my interest, even if it's just watching the tour de France on TV ...
Very strange culture differences with regard to age
I *never ever* talked about age until obliged to discuss my age after cops were called out to inspect me, by a supposedly, not genuinely, anxious person who knows very little about me, and they broke into my home.

I was away on business, at the time.
Im fit enough to ride an ordinary lightweight road bike, but prefer my e-bike for over 20 kms trips.
No one had ever said anything about *best behaviour* for seniors until that unnecessary and annoying intrusion.
*Since then*, suddenly
being 79, is considered a fragile state that needs surveillance and supervision.

Which In my own case, would be absolutely unnecessary, and I will not approve, or tolerate it.

I realized how different cultures think of, and treat those citizens considered 'elderly'. In asian countries, physical fitness is counted a social responsibility. Sports of all kinds for the most senior, supported, funded, encouraged.
Thats how I feel
Yes, more care may well be necessary.
But there must be no coercion, no obligation to accept any unwanted attention. Just because of a *number!*
My ebike is my best way to travel. Any more stress for being designated *elderly*, it could be top way. towing a small trailer, to escape! .

Hit the road Jack,
i wont be
Comin back, no more! no more! no more! No more!

Last edited by mellowyellow; 01-19-21 at 01:18 PM.
Likes For mellowyellow: