Old 01-27-21, 11:37 AM
rccardr 
aka: Dr. Cannondale

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2152 Post(s)
Liked 3,402 Times in 1,203 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildwood
Being the oldest family member locally, always makes me feel ancient as we approach the New Year.
observational, not a rant.

My wife always encourages me to sit near the fireplace.
My son calls my Christmas tradition of collared shirt and seasonal tie (changed each year) "old fashioned", and 'almost pre-historic'.
Calmly raking the last fallen leaves from the front yard, a neighbor called out, "Don't have a heart attack working so hard".
My son-in-law announced (today) a new resolution - for the coming year, they would keep one of my bikes at their house, so i would not have to ride the 18 miles (to their home) so often.
Older siblings back East&South with health problems, regularly commenting to my wife all the issues i will be facing soon. And all the medical tests i should be getting.
It's time to sell the heavy, double+kid kayak. But it has such memories, I don't want to let it go. Elkhorn Slough, Monterey Bay was over 2 decades ago.
I don't want wireless earbuds when just hanging out at home.
Commenting on winter-ish yardwork, my daughter replies, 'A good way for you to get outdoors and spend your idle time'
Being told 'You should take a nap more often'.

Maybe I've gotten too sensitive?
I don't offer the same old retorts anymore, they're worn clichés and no longer funny.

Am i alone in this unsolicited, benevolent senior treatment?
Stuart, all you need to do is invite those pesky but thoughtful relatives and neighbors to join us at Cino one year.