View Single Post
Old 12-21-23, 11:10 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2504 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 526 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Bicyclists would come to a full stop at stop signs and wait patiently for the green light at traffic signals if they witnessed a cop car patrolling in the immediate vicinity; otherwise the normal rules apply: all drivers are bad, all bicyclists are good.
Weak. Bicyclists ARE, in the main, gooder than cagers. Wanna know why? Because bicyclists don't have a two ton cage around them for when it goes sideways. It tends to reach an equilibrium that favors the cautious cyclists. Cops or no cops, the only red light running by cyclists that I ever see is by me, and only because I come from an East Coast Megacity where red light running by cyclists was a thing. Here, not so much. Hardly any enough to matter. Even I have cut it back to once every three or four months. Red light running by cars ... I don't know, it doesn't seem that out of control to me, but again, I'm from a HUGE city. I do see it though. It does happen. Several times a week. Cyclists are FAR more law abiding around intersections than cars. It isn't even close. We've earned the right to be holier than thou about it.
Likes For Leisesturm: