View Single Post
Old 01-27-22, 10:17 AM
Chuckles1

Bikes: 2007 Motobecane Fantom Cross Expert, 2020 Motobecane Omni Strada Pro Disc (700c gravel bike), 2021 Motobecane Elite Adventure with Bafang 500W rear hub drive

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 143 Times in 94 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
She momentarily hit 26 MPH on a dead level street according to my computer...
Can’t imagine running into a dog with malice that can hit that speed even momentarily if they are on your back wheel.
My neighbor's dog was aggressive and hostile from the day they got it, despite repeated efforts to let it get used to me when I was on foot and the "owner" was outside. I have a long downhill run from main road to my driveway, that goes by their house. I hit 20mph by their house, 30mph shortly thereafter, and have to brake hard after that to turn into my driveway.

He chased me one day. That dog was all over me at 20mph, and still with me at 30+mph when a car coming up the hill came between us and the dog was dissuaded. I left a message on owners voice mail, said I'd be calling animal control next time I was harassed by their dog. They have kept him tethered ever since, thankfully. As I said in my voice mail, "that dog is fast!"