Old 08-14-22, 06:35 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 794 Posts
CCC, sleeping bags are usually compact ish, if you have a 1970s boyscout cotton job the size of a VW beetle, get a new one--so keeping it in a waterproof pannier is easy and you never work about it getting wet.
I have sleeping bag and camp mat in one pannier (I have an inflatable compact style sleep mat, neoair, others are of similar size and comfortable) plus room still for other stuff in there.

Tent on rear rack because tents are sometimes damp wet in morning, so you don't want it with dry stuff. I use a piece of chammy type foam to remove tons of condensation from fly in on damp mornings, I can wring out easily a cup or two of water carefully going over fly with the sponge, less wet and heavy packed tent.
Also handy on rack cuz easy to remove during lunch break let's say and drape over something in sun to dry out--nice at end of day set up for it to be dry.

Obviously use a good thick plastic bag or whatever to keep tent dry from rain. Easy and bungees useful to stick still damp laundry under to dry in sun while riding.

As said a few times, you'll figure this all out as you go.