Strawbunyan
StillNewbieButInGrey

Bikes: Austro Daimler SLE

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 61 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottCommutes
You do you, but I don't like the backpack. Taking that weight off of your shoulders and putting it anywhere on the frame of the bike makes a huge improvement in the comfort of your commute. I'm not talking like one kind of tires vs. another, I'm talking like a giant improvement.

I would suggest riding with the backpack for awhile and thinking about what you really need to carry,. Then, start looking at some of your options. One nice thing about the backpack is you can carry it easily, even without the bike.
i have been looking at rack and bag options, j just dont know what i want to do yet. The bag just has water, snacks, underwear, and my cell phone in it and isnt terribly heavy. My friends and I used to hike alot back in FL and wearing a backpack just comes as second nature to me. I only notice I have it when i am putting it on and taking it off but i would like to cut it out of the equation soon...i was looking at a post mount rack so I can keep the backpack but get it off of my persons.