Old 03-30-24, 02:51 PM
SoSmellyAir
Method to My Madness

Bikes: Trek FX 2, Cannondale Synapse x2, Cannondale CAAD4, Santa Cruz Stigmata 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2030 Post(s)
Liked 1,521 Times in 1,054 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I think you'll like the Synapse. But do get some input on what size you might like if it's not too late. Per Cannondale's sizing for that model, a 54cm should be for 67" - 71" tall riders. A 56cm for 69" - 76" tall riders. I'd be in the overlap size for my height of 71".

I might go with the smaller size more likely as I like sporty handling over stable feeling luxury sedan like riding. Though if you are truly going to be doing long distance multi day trips, you might want the larger for the extra perceived stability. Although I don't think this is a bike with eyelets for racks and paniers you might want for long multi day trips.
I am half an inch shorter than you. I ordered it in size 54 based on a comparison of geometry numbers against my existing Synapse and Stigmata. As for multi-day trips, I have never done one, and would probably not consider one which involves camping or carrying more than what would fit in a top tube bag plus a small saddle bag. What is the bike touring equivalent of glamping?

Originally Posted by KJ43
2022. I pulled the smart sense crap out of it and bought a cover for the battery cavity.
I plan to do the same after a few test rides; I only went for the 2 RLE to get Ultegra Di2. Did you resell your Smart Sense components? What is a good source for that cover?

Last edited by SoSmellyAir; 03-30-24 at 03:01 PM.