View Single Post
Old 06-16-21, 07:17 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8259 Post(s)
Liked 8,991 Times in 4,452 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
They are Dt swiss wheels. Came from a bike in a crash, but the wheels were not damaged or there is no apparent damage. LBS head mechanic relaced them before my friend started riding them. He bought these wheels becuase his other wheels kept breaking spokes too. He’s roughly 210 ish, the other weird thing is it’s not just one wheel breaking spokes it’s both wheels at different times.(front and rear) He took it to the mechanic the first couple of times, but since they kept breaking he started working on it himself.
When I was 210-220 and rode lots of miles I used to carry spokes with me. This was using 36 spoke MA40 and later Open Pro wheels. My lbs had tried different guys to build my wheels and wanted me to go to a 40 spoke set-up. I had heard about a guy across town who built wheels and I started using him and I don't think I ever broke a spoke on a wheel he built. I still break the rear rim after 8-10k miles but I live with that.
I tried building them myself but I hate doing it and I still broke spokes on wheels I built.