Old 01-15-17, 09:19 PM
DGlenday

Bikes: Cannondale, Trek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by robtown
1st -- The first post card I got was incorrect, they sent a second with the correct date.

The Swap is where dozens of vendors (and individuals) bring bikes, bike parts, clothes, and everything bike related for sale. It is a true market where you can haggle for a good price. I sold for a couple years some surplus from my bike flipping and found it is a buyers' market. I sold things for 1/4 what I'd get on Craigslist.
Since then I go as a buyer, acquiring many parts for my own bikes, bikes to refurbish, and parts for my flip bikes. I've made plenty of money reselling on Craigslist and Ebay.

I will still bring a few items for sale, and have a table, but the real value for me is getting in early and having a base to store my purchases.

For example, I got a nice older set of Dura Ace wheels on a Cannondale (with a bent frame) for $80. I got CF drop bars, stem, and DA 10 speed brifters for $160 (originally close to $1k) that are now on my Kestrel.

There are a number of bike forum members (and other sites) that attend the show, so it's a good chance to meet up in person.
Originally Posted by robtown
Without looking at a map I'm pretty sure you are just a short drive from Westminster. I highly recommend spending the low cost entry fee to come take a look.
Sounds like something I should check out. Many thanks for the info. (It's very close to me.)

I don't actually need anything right now, though there are a few "nice-to-have" items that might be helpful. (E.g. do you think I'd be able to find a PowerTap?)