Old 01-02-19, 12:45 PM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Been running a bit, about 1.5 hours a week. Some indoor rides, some GCN show videos. A couple 1 to 1.5 hour hard rides around town with a couple failed KOM tries.

Did a TT bike ride at lunch today and just could not "get after it". Too much tire pressure on a pretty bumpy road and just enough wind to cause a novice to constantly back off the throttle. Should have had half a brain to pop the valve stem and let out just a touch, but didn't.

One of those roads that in a car you hear going (ba dump, ba dump, ba dump) every few seconds. Plus a few potholes and a piece of roadkill.

But.....the watts/mph or CdA is looking better than the road bike with clip ons (and TT helmet) versus the TT bike (without TT helmet). Also, at the same power level in TT position, looks like the HR is down about 10bpm from 7 months ago.

It's really lame, but I'm going to use the long lonely and flattish greenway in the country to practice the TT stuff. Gain some confidence in the position and handling before using the bumpy country roads near my work. I say lonely in that it's far enough from entrances you don't have kids or runners really.