Old 07-14-20, 01:05 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,810 Times in 3,318 Posts
I'm sure we all do to some extent at different times. Probably is worse as we age.

I'm not a fan of Gatorade or Gu. Gatorade is not a sport drink anymore IMO, much less a decent drink for cycling. I'd rather just drink crangrape, grape juice or or orange juice all diluted to a 40/60 or 60/40 ratio with water depending on other ride conditions and things. A pinch or lite salt or just salt for electrolytes. Last few years I've been favoring Hammer Nutrition's maltodextrin hydration mix, Heed.

You probably should ditch the G-Zero. With the exception of giving you electrolytes, it's doing nothing for you. A bottle of water with table salt or lite salt will do the same thing.

Check how many Calories you are consuming during your rides. I'll get 150 to 200 Calories per hour of ride. Most of them in my bottles. After a ride I'll get another 200 or so Calories within the first 20 or 30 minutes of finishing.

Protein can be mixed in your ride diet too. Some swear by it, but I only use a little post ride. Though even if it doesn't do anything else, a little protein powder added to some carb mixes that are a little dry tasting might make them go down smoother.
Likes For Iride01: