Old 07-14-20, 10:15 PM
GeneO 

Bikes: 2018 Roubaix Expert Di2, 2016 Diverge Expert X1

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Rstyle
No medical Issues ( yet).. Only take a statin . No diabetes or hypertension. No cardiac issues
I will modify and eat a Few snacks during the Longer rides and also have plenty of fluids and protein after the longer rides.
The Gatorade is more because I like the taste and saw it as an easy way to replace electrolytes. ( I rarely drink just Plain water at home. Usually mix it with , Crystal Light, Kool Aid etc). Not sure why it would work but I have read that a long cold shower helps. Have not tried
The truth is that at the end of the rides I feel I can go maybe another 5-10 miles.........but 1-2 hrs after I stop.........I conk out
definitely sounds like a muscle recovery issue then IMO. Right combo of carbs and protein and stretches needed. It is also helps to do a 1 or two mile cool down at the end where you basically spin without much effort.
G2 is fine during the ride for electrolytes but you need something like gu or a snack then to provide carbs as already mentioned. But gu also provides electrolytes,
Lots of things you can try. I always do a shot cool-down in the neighborhood, then drink a large chocolate milk (or Endurox R4), then do stretches.