View Single Post
Old 08-19-20, 12:25 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
@Schwinnsta, again, I cannot answer your PM as you have chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her. With this I reply to the thread that I think you referred to.

The stiffer spring from Bikegang has been an improvement. However, I kicked out the Ti Parts anchorage. As it was bolted stiff to the chainstay it could cause the gear to get stuck in position. I went back to the original Brompton anchorage (pre-2017 version) because it flexes and excludes this kind of stucking. However, for the end of the Bikegang spring to ft, I had to wind that end tighter.

Now, as to the Brompton anchorage pre-2017 vs newer version, I went to the older one because the newer caused at times problems with dirt getting into the overly complicated cable joint there. This led to the issue of bolting the cable on the pusher side. For this, I got the piece below on AliExpress, and it turned out optimal out of different solutions to the problem.

I needed to tweak that piece slightly as it was difficult to thread the shift cable through. I unscrewed the tube for the cable and drilled inside to make the cavity there conical, so that the cable pushed in would find its way to the hole on the opposite side.