View Single Post
Old 02-11-21, 09:52 PM
Nizzle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
I've had a 2015 Giant Roam 2 for 6 years. LOVE the bike. As bad luck would have it - I recently upgraded my wheels(Handspun Quality Wheels) and Tires(WTB VentureSG2) for tubeless use. Rode them for 1 week and then - Cracked chainstay. I went directly to my LBS and they took possession of the bike, they took pics and emailed Giant(I presume their rep). 7 days of days of radio silence. After not hearing from Giant nor my LBS for a week, I decided to try and find the West Coast Rep and call on the phone. I found a name(not the Rep) and blindly called and explained how it's been some time with no response from Giant nor my LBS and I was feeling a bit "in the dark". The guy was apologetic and said he'd find out what's what. 10 mins later I get a call back to find out Giant is honoring the warranty and had already set out a replacement frame 2 days ago, but my LBS nor I was notified. The frame comes in tomorrow. Let's pray it's not a bright Red frame, but rather the black one. Very pleased. In the end Giant WAS on the ball and shipped out a replacement very quickly. The only issue was their inability to communicate it to my LBS nor end user(me). I'm really pleased. It was awkward blindly calling a Giant Rep, but it just goes to show "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". I'll circle back with how much $$ the LBS charges me to do the frame swap. It's a great ma and pa shop. I should be fine. We'll see.