Old 07-07-21, 07:42 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Cavendish has been giving all the praise to his team. He does have a top notch leadout train. But he's also more humble and gracious than I've seen in him before. But his ability to read the timing and openings is critical. He studies video of other races a lot to see where he can improve.

TBH, I never really liked Cav much before. The younger Cav seemed arrogant, snippy, often recklessly causing other people to crash, and taking ridiculous chances and then blaming everyone else when it backfired and he crashed. It's possible I was just misreading his passion for the sport and tendency to be emotional. Sometimes stuff gets taken out of context in the press, especially when the cycling press follows the Italian polemica approach toward reporting on cycling.

I don't know who this Cavendish guy is in the 2021 TdF, but I admire him.

I'm betting he'll make a great trainer, coach or directeur sportif if he wants to go that route.

Originally Posted by rumrunn6
on day 2 of a migraine headache, not sure how much I can watch right now. what obstruction is blocking a climb?
Sorry to hear that. I've had migraines, cluster headaches and/or trigeminal neuralgia since I was a kid. Sucks. If you don't already have an emergency relief prescription for a migraine in progress, I can suggest a few OTC remedies, and one inexpensive and easily obtainable prescription med that work for me.

Some folks get relief from blood pressure meds, especially metoprolol or other beta blockers. When it's bad enough I'll take a metoprolol and lisinopril. I don't need 'em for BP, just for migraine relief.

In non-prescription stuff, I often find my worst headaches are triggered by sinus congestion. Real Sudafed can help. It's gotta be pseudoephedrine, not the substitute phenylephrine.

Melatonin and GABA (an amino acid supplement) can help too.