Old 08-15-21, 04:00 PM
ntnyln

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 153 Times in 72 Posts
Because I have more money than brains, I just put a deposit on a frameset for a super-duper TT bike. The frame won't be here until like November, but that won't stop me from planning the build. I have two things I've been going back and forth on and would welcome some insight if you have.

First, 1x or 2x? Our main TT's around here are flat to rolling. There is one that has a big climb, but I never do it. Most masters nationals TT courses seem to be mostly flat, so a 1x seems like a solid choice, but where I train, nothing is flat, and a 55-56/44 would be annoying at best. The only 1x experience I have is with a mtb that I'm selling because I rode it all of 6 times in the 6 years I've had it.

If I go 2x, that brings up the second question, I've been a two-button guy for shifting, but I'm beginning to feel like it makes shifting too awkward on rolling courses since I have to move my hands to get to the buttons. Is anyone using the 1 button set up? What are your thoughts? Any issue with shifting in general, especially with non-standard (55+) chainrings?