Chuck M 
Happy With My Bikes

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked 2,308 Times in 1,118 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
I did not know that. The only state I knew for sure was ID. It applies to red lights as well, as long as you come to a complete stop first.
This is something that was passed in the last three or four years. There were several laws pertaining to cycling passed then concerning the stop lights and passing distances. I honestly can't quote many of them because either people gave enough room when passing before or they weren't, people give enough room now or they don't and it is either safe to go through an intersection or it isn't. And [McCoy voice] Dammit Jim, I'm a cyclist not a lawyer [/McCoy voice]

I have always found it best to take personal responsibility for my safety and not rely on others to observe laws. There are some roads I only ride at certain times of the day and some I don't ride at all. There are times I know when it is safe to go through a red light and there are intersections that aren't marked with lights or stop signs and I damn well know I better stop at them no matter what. Were I planning to ride in another state, I would however verse myself with the laws if I were riding open roads. But when I travel I usually just run for my exercise.

Likes For Chuck M: