Old 01-06-22, 03:42 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4957 Post(s)
Liked 8,099 Times in 3,833 Posts
Originally Posted by jonathanf2
I did a quick 16 miles early morning around Arroyo Seco and the Rose Bowl. I was totally layered up with a wind proof jacket, gaiter, an inner long sleeve layer and arm/legs sleeves. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I don't know how some of these young cyclists can ride with just a bib and jersey in the early morning? I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold!
Be aware that cold air settles down into the Rose Bowl/Arroyo canyon. It's always noticeably colder than up top. My daughter's softball team used to have evening practices at Brookside Park next to the Aquatic Center. It got cold AF out there.

A friend of mine (Kevin Martin, aka K-Mart) has a personal policy of not riding when the temperature is less than his age. For me, the K-Mart Line is 53. I don't like riding below my K-Mart Line, but I will on on occasion.