View Single Post
Old 06-21-22, 07:36 AM
oik01

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by oik01
As an update to everyone, it became quickly clear to me that opinions on this will vary. I ultimately compromised with my coach and skipped one workout and made the two others shorter. For today, I woke up at 5 AM to do the opener which is good to start shifting my wake time. I did cut if short though so TSS was 33. My dashboard is projecting a TSB of 6 instead of the previous 1 if I had stuck to the schedule exactly.

I am feeling positive and will try to keep myself within my limits. Hopefully I can find a group that rides my pace and just stick with them. I will keep everyone updated. Thank you all for the feedback.
As a final update, I did workout during the week as mentioned above. i skipped one workout ( because life happened). Ultimately I started the fondo with a TSB of 6. I felt great. I finished it averaging 16.2 miles per hour ( not the best), but I did feel like I could've done a bit more too. It was around 8 hours 45 minutes of cycling and my legs felt great at the end still. The one difficulty I had was with the steepest climb in the last 2 miles and it wasn't about fatigue but gearing and actual power. I could've done it but I had no will to go to max heart rate at that point. I stopped for a moment then zigzacked up that part ( many were walking their bikes so not the worst). I think for my goals ( finishing), this was a great outcome. Hopefully I can make some gains over the coming year and come back next year with a specific time in mind ( and probably a bigger range cassette).
Likes For oik01: