Thread: nite riders?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-22, 04:23 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,585 Times in 2,344 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
Y'all do realize that people who ride at night for a living rarely use lights right? They don't make it safer.
almost hit a kid w/ my car, head-on the other night. he was riding the wrong way, at night, in the rain wearing dark colors, no lights. it would have been safer riding w/ traffic, with reflective clothing, w/ lights. the theory of if they can't see, they can't hit me is a theory I don't subscribe to. I often remember the times I saw a kid get hit by a car because the driver didn't see him approaching because the drivers line of sight was blocked by other cars & the time I was hit by a car for the same reason. and when ppl hit bikers, including a recent story about a police officer, they almost always use the excuse "I didn't see them"

even riding a bike at night, with lights we open ourself up to hitting objects or roadway defects that would otherwise be visible in daylight

I have enjoyed off-roading in a truck/suv, w/o headlights on, at night, under a full moon, on the beach, but that's because the moon light was so bright

Last edited by rumrunn6; 10-04-22 at 07:48 AM.
Likes For rumrunn6: