Old 07-13-21, 12:12 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3683 Post(s)
Liked 5,447 Times in 2,769 Posts
Originally Posted by alo
The truth is, if you go back over previous topics, veganbikes has insulted me again and again and again. How long should I resist the urge to become defensive? Go back and check. Please moderators, go back and check.

When a person is repeatedly being insulted, it might be smarter to quit the forum, than to provide more information people can use to insult you.

I repeat, this topic is a very good example of some people suggesting I can't know what I am talking about. I am taller than the majority of people on this forum. I have larger bones than the majority of people on this forum. I am fatter than a large proportion of people on this forum. If you had a body like mine, you could not use a small seat. I did not ask what size seat I need. I already know that. I said Can anyone recommend any very large seats? I am never going to suddenly agree that a small seat is good for me, because I know it isn't. Anyone who tells me I should, is not listening. They are not giving good advice.

I think the primary issue in some people's minds is, people are supposed to buy expensive brand name bikes, and upgrade them with expensive brand name parts. Anyone who uses inexpensive parts is not smart enough to know how to impress people. I know a lot of other people also look for inexpensive bikes, and inexpensive ways to repair them. I am not the only one. But those with the expensive bikes are the cool people, and I am not cool. The truth is, those who don't spend excessive amounts on things they can get less expensively balance their budget better, and are the smart ones. I know some people have more money than me, and can afford expensive things. There are also others involved in competition, or the type of cycling, where having a more expensive bike is beneficial. That is ok for them.
Yep, time to give up the passive aggressive and go full tilt boogie offense. Post more pics of your bikes and show the skeptics the depth of your mechanical skills. Glad you are getting the attention you seek from this thread!
Likes For shelbyfv: