View Single Post
Old 12-01-21, 05:55 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4957 Post(s)
Liked 8,100 Times in 3,833 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
I found out yesterday that an old friend from the road club has Alzheimer's. He moved out of the area a few years ago and the guy who told me said he can still ride his road bike but someone has to go with him because he gets lost. He can't remember other old friends or events. Very sad to hear, such a nice man. One time out in the hills on a windy day he came back looking for me after I had been dropped and he pulled me to the end.
I'm sorry to hear that about your friend.

The slow failing of the human body and mind is hard to watch. We've been witness to the creeping decline of my step-father as vascular dementia ground away at the sharpness of one of the most interesting and intelligent humans I've ever known. Yesterday afternoon, the last of the flickering lights went out, and he passed peacefully. We are currently wading through a mixture of anguish and relief left in the wake of his exit.