Old 01-14-22, 05:44 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
what I'll add is that if you look at where the hoods are in relation to the steerer tube, they are at least 6 inches ahead of the steerer, the flats are maybe 3 inches closer--but what is cool about alt bars that sweep back, like in your very first photo of the whatchamacallit bars, your hands are now way back closer to the steerer area. This is what its like with my jones bars, and it makes for a neat feeling.
Yes, you'll want positions to move your hands forwards for a more leaning forward position, but I have to say that I find this far back position kinda fun, and most of these swept back type bars have hand options forward a bit for headwinds or whatever.

but really, all this blah blah is only that....you're just going to have to try stuff and see how you like it. And the more you ride, the stronger you are and all that, plus theres the weight thing going on, which probably affects some ridiing position aspects, but that can change.
Anyway, just wanted to say how I was surprised to find how I liked riding with the jones bars and having teh hands much closer to me, and a more upright position, If I were to tour on that bike, if more on gravel and offroad it would be fine, but on more open roads , I might like them less and or put a longer stem on.....so many variables here eh?

well, have fun trying out stuff, I guess just try to think of options or at least order of things so you dont blow too much money on something you could find out you arent crazy about afterwards.
Likes For djb: