View Single Post
Old 11-03-22, 09:44 AM
PQNewby

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Roubaix, 2022 Santa Cruz Blur, Trek Checkpoint SL6 Etap Poseidon X, 1971 Schwinn Suburban 5 Speed in Sierra Brown (undergoing restoration), 1999 Scattante 105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please tell us your age. 61

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride? Every kind.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older? Handful of vitamins/supplements, mostly anitoxidants and COQ10. No meds.

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any? Massively. I did triathlons before kids, dropped riding for 22 years while attending kid sports every week, and picked it back up about 5 years ago.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life? Rode everywhere as a kid, paper route etc, and was the only kid in my neighborhood with a 10 speed. Cars took over, 15 years in the military, then triathlons in my 30's.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides. Lucky enough to live right next to 75 miles worth of excellent mountain bike trails, and bike lanes. try to do at least one 50+ mile ride a week.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage? Two outside and two inside weekly. Faithfully. Probably 4k a year outside.