Old 09-04-20, 02:35 PM
Chinghis

Bikes: Historical: Schwinn Speedster; Schwinn Collegiate; 1981 Ross Gran Tour; 1981 Dawes Atlantis; 1991 Specialized Rockhopper. Current: 1987 Ritchey Ultra; 1987 Centurion Ironman Dave Scott Master; 1992 Specialized Stumpjumper FS

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked 178 Times in 111 Posts
Rode in twice this week. Yesterday was great. I was in a foul mood and took some energy to get going. Had one of those "No, you go" moments with someone at a stop sign. So, I went, he passed me, I caught him at the next stop sign. Next stop light, there he is. Did my left turn with traffic and at the next stop sign, there he was. We went through the intersection together, me slightly ahead. Then I hear the tell-tale sound of a car slowing down. I look over, and notice his window is open, and he says, "Man, you're fast!" I said, "Thanks,I try!" We know it's all a matter of timing and stop signs, but it was nice that someone in a car actually noticed me (in a good way).

Then, this morning on my climb into work, I hear another tell-tale sound: The buzzing of knobbies coming up fast behind me. "E-bike," I think. No biggie, smile and wave. Instead, it's a couple of e-trikes, and the guy in front has to point out to me that my "helmet isn't helping much there!" (on my handlebar). I said, "No, it's not," because I couldn't think of anything snappier. I should have said, yes, it's doing a lot of good there by not making me so freakin' hot at 7:30 in the morning. Just kind of annoying.

But a fast ride, at least.