Old 10-22-21, 07:04 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3152 Post(s)
Liked 1,717 Times in 1,036 Posts
I believe AC is owned by the original AC’s ex-national sales manager, so there is some continuity there to an extent. But yeah, they do look like spanky deals; Huang over at Cycling Tips, and someone I’ve known since his bike shop days here in Ann Arbor, said in a post somewhere that the Wentworth model were working great for him.

The weights are an issue for me, though. I was going to try a pair for some winter gravel use, but besides them not having the kind of tread pattern I really wanted, the weights were just too high to make a tread pattern compromise worthwhile. Specifically, I decided to get Ultradynamico Rosé JFF 42mm at 515g and $65 instead of the 40mm Khrumbein at 585g and $35.

American Classic is a brand I loved in the past, and I’d like to give the new iteration a chance, so I’ll take a look at their road tire selections in the spring and see if there’s something suitable to replace 28mm Gravelking slicks on the winter bike.