Old 10-25-22, 12:42 AM
Jerry1957

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have had five bike fits, all of which yielded different results. I don't discount them, each had insight and value. The most beneficial was one bike fitter who told me I was too tight and needed to open up my hips and bring mobility back to my body. That was life changing for me when it came to bicycle riding and comfort, I am able to ride in more aero positions without back ache. When it comes to knee pain, there could be several muscles involved that is bringing you pain, the biggest is the quad muscles, they might need to be more limber. Also get a massager and massage your quads and knees before and after a ride, I believe the pain that you have has to do with something that is going on with your body, not your fit. A bike fit should get to the bottom of a bad position that brings pain. Take your time before a bike ride, I spending 30 minutes prepping my body for a bike ride. Start your ride with a warm up in an easy gear, don't grind in heavy hears, try to spin. Focus on your pedal stroke from the 5 to 7 o'clock position, it makes a world of difference. When you get home, massage your knees and quads, ice your knees, use icy-hot cream if you need to on your knees. If you are still experiencing knee issues, visit a sports physical therapist. As I said when it comes to bike fits, despite all my bike fits, I find the heel to pedal approach to be one of the best ways to find your ideal saddle height. Do the heel to pedal method with your bike shoes on. I like using the knee over the pedal spindle for saddle fore-aft, it works for me. I had bike fitters that had me too far forward and too far backward resulting in knee pain. Drop the plumb bob from the tibial tubercle. The plumb bob should be right at your pedal spindle or half a centimeter behind it if you want to take the load off your hands. Good luck.