Old 06-10-22, 10:36 AM
headwind15
Bikeable

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 73 Posts
I have been a frame builder for the last 20plus years and am an small frame expert. If your cad pic is accurate as far as seat height, I would recommend a shorter seat tube. Face it you are really short. To have a frame with the right per-portions, you should strive to have even more seat post showing, than your head tube size. If you don't do it, it look like you have this little stump sticking out of the frame. I am 5'-6", and used to ride a 52 cm for many years. so sure, I could ride some huge frame, but so much nicer to have one with more stand over. so, my bikes tend to have 10cm/ 4" shorter seat tubes, (42 cm), I even have an old Bianchi with a 38cm seat tube. I think you should go with less than 36 cm, without considering anything bigger. On BB height: It really depends on your riding style/ how much it bothers you about forgetting and pedal thru a corner and dig a pedal in in and potentially crash/ get scrapped up. I used to race a lot and when riding a lot of Criteriums with a 10.5 BB, I would occasionally strike a pedal. I tried racing on a bike with a 10.5 BB. Instead of striking a pedal, it would really dig in. I would be lucky to keep it upright. (not fun). Plenty of people don't pedal thru corners/ have low bb's. 10.5 is a really common standard, for a bike with 700c/ wheels 170 mm crank arms.
Likes For headwind15: