View Single Post
Old 02-28-24, 07:23 PM
Chancy

Bikes: S&S Santana Beyond & S&S Santana Arriva. Trek Domane 3.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
Jtmav,

Sorry I didn't fully answer you post. I read Bonesmart posts quite a bit following my initial TKR in Nov. 3, 2023. It had me confused as well. The main reason I kept reading it was the pain from PT was getting to the point where I was starting to dread going. I would love to bump into a clinic or therapist who had Bonesmart's philosophy and sit done and have a discussion with them, but I don't know of anyone like that where I live. With that said I did notice that Bonesmart members, on average, take longer to achieve ROM goals, some as long as 1 year or more! But they do seem to achieve them. Also most of the Bonesmart members don't seem to be quite as active as I think most 50+ forum folks are, thus willing to wait longer for results. Since I don't have the option of the"Bonesmart" way locally, I decided to get onboard and follow my doctor advice and use his recommended therapist (and quit reading Bonesmart). Despite my new therapist being a "No pain No gain" guy, I like him. His philosophy is a little different and when he manipulates my knee it definitely hurts (up to a 9 or 10) but is a bit more tolerable than the last clinic I went to. He stops and throws in some massaging in between multiple bends. I don't know if the massaging helps the muscles or knee but it gives me a mental break during the manipulation session.
I hope this answers your questions and helps in some small way.
Tailwinds,
Charlie