View Single Post
Old 09-16-22, 02:03 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
Liked 3,768 Times in 1,846 Posts
Ibis Szazbo - what's it worth?

So I generally only buy bikes for the love of them, this one I bought because I knew it was a piece of MTB history and I had just been reading up on the brand. Not really my cup of tea though, I just got excited to find one. I would like to sell this bike at a fair price for me and the buyer and I have no idea where to start. There are not a lot of listings to compare to. There is a ebay listing for $2,499 (which seems crazy, and the time it has been listed would agree) a couple of old pinkbike posts at $1,400 & $1,500, but these are all Listed prices, which we know don't mean much. There was one ebay (frame only) listing that sold for $699.99.
Obviously, there are some desirable parts on this and I could break it down and use to upgrade bikes I have, or sell them, but I generally prefer to keep bikes intact if I can.

I did an initial clean-up but have not yet dug-in to dealing with little rust bits or re-greasing. Paint has plenty of nicks, seems to have had some adhesion issues on the aluminum. Front and rear shocks both free, but not sure of condition on seals, etc (I don't usually mess with suspension)

Am I wrong? should I just strip it and try to sell the frame?

Wondering if anyone has and idea of what I should put for an fair market asking price on this? or if you don't have that number, what would think you would pay?
In an ideal world I would pass this on to a Local-ish, interested BF member who appreciates these bikes at a price that makes us both smile, any suggestions?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Szazbo95brochure_sm.pdf (1.90 MB, 13 views)