Cypress
Globo Gym lifetime member

Bikes: Fast ones

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked 614 Times in 306 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
I'm having this annoying issue with my Ptap G3 where it reads non-zero (1-30 w) when coasting. I've tried all the obvious stuff (battery, pairing to different head units etc) to no avail. I've had this issue before actually (different hub) and it was resolved by sending it in for calibration service.

I sent this one in to Sram/Quarq (new owners) and when I received it back it still had the same problem.... This will be fun. We'll see what kind of customer service I get and how they propose to solve the problem. I've spent $200 on this calibration service already and don't really want to spend any more; the ball is in their court. I've got a month before I want to begin training in earnest so I'll be patient - for now.
What kind of tubes are you rocking? I had an issue with my Vector 2's not reading because I was running latex tubes. The electrostatic potential between the rubber of the tire and the latex tube was creating a charge in the wheel and drivetrain that was causing havoc in the strain gauges. I could even get an electric arch from the metal rim to the drum while sprinting on my rollers. Pretty cool, but I ended up switching back to butyl tubes, which solved the issue completely.